The National Tuna Congress is an annual event attended by the key players, stakeholders and industry supporters throughout the country. It is consistently hosted by the SOCSKSARGEN Federation of Fishing and Allied Industries, Inc. (SFFAII) in General Santos City.
The Congress have the following objectives:
- 1. Get updated on the latest status and developments in the industry at the international, domestic and regional level
- 2. Discuss issues affecting the industry and preventing its optimum growth and development
- 3. Recommend strategies and action plans/programs to address issues
- 4. Institutionalize mechanism to bring policy, issues and concern to the attention of policymakers and to advocate for necessary policy reforms
- 5. Enhance the image of the Philippine tuna industry among foreign investors and promote investments and business partnerships that will strengthen the industry
- 6. Strengthen national and regional industry organizations and
- 7. Showcase and promote the latest technologies, fishery products and services with a view towards improving the industry
The Congress gathers private sectors, political leaders and industry experts to share their studies, developments, expertise and new practices that could help build strong relationships among them and more competitive tuna economy to offer the rest of the world.
To register please download the form, Regform and submit it to the Secretariat office located at 2nd Floor, SAFI 4 Building, Magsaysay Avenue, General Santos City or fax it to (083) 301-6543 or (083) 552- 9736. You may also send it through to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.